TAG ARCHIVES: Sportsgirl
So, I haven’t done these in a while and I thought I’d bring it back this week because these have been my go-to products ALL week. These posts are very rarely all beauty related (like this post) but that’s where I’ve found myself this week. Enjoy!
Sportsgirl’s Nail It! nailpolish in ‘Silver Glitter’, $7.95
This is the most glittery nailpolish I’ve ever come across. Usually glitter polishes take a few good coats to get enough pay off on the nail, but this product doesn’t need much. One coat is plenty for me, just to accent an otherwise plain manicure. I put this on the tips of my nail on top of a neutral shade and I’ve gotten so many compliments from it. I picked up this look off Pinterest, often found under bridal because of the neutral base, but I just think it works anytime.
1 Skin Solution lip balm in ‘Mojito’, $8.50
The beautiful Raylene from 1 Skin Solution recently sent me this along with two of the tinted lip balms and this – by far – rocks my world! No words can actually describe its awesomeness and it simply must be bought and used to really appreciate it. As if the word “mojito” isn’t enough to get you to buy it already! It’s got a beautiful smooth texture to it and it glides on your lips effortlessly and melts into the lips, leaving it feeling like cashmere.
Grown’s Rose Absolute, Ginseng & Chamomile Facial Toner, $29.95 (200mL)
Lately I’ve been opting using this instead of a facial mist. I only apply this just before bed, along with my night skincare routine. I just find that it works best for my skin. After I’ve cleansed my skin, I apply this on a cotton ball and dab it around my face, concentrating it mostly on my T-zone. This toner has really helped with my pores and while it’s not a miracle cure, it has helped with oil and ultimately with pore size.
Models Prefer Infinite Colour Lip Liner in ‘Forever Pink’, $7.99
I thought I’d retire my all-time favourite lip liner from Illamasqua and give this one a go after hearing so many good reviews on it. Models Prefer have really stepped up in terms of quality in their beauty products and find that they’re highly underrated also. This lip liner is AMAZING! Highly pigmented and also extremely smooth and soft on the lips. I’ve had lip liners before that are so dry and just grab the lips as you’re attempting to line them – yuck – but this one doesn’t. I’m keen to try their clear lip liner next (a perfect dupe for Urban Decay’s ‘Ozone’ 24/7 Lip Liner).
Nivea Sun Light Feel Daily Face Veil Sunscreen SPF 30, $12.99 (50mL)
This product was introduced by one of my closest friends and fellow beauty blogger Chelsea when I went to visit her last month. Sunscreen has always been part of my morning skincare routine but I’ve never found a sunscreen that had a decent SPF without the white cast, til NOW! This has SPF 30 and is light on the skin and doesn’t leave your skin white like other sunscreens too. Works really well with oil/combination skin, so it doesn’t leave your skin greasy either. Now there is absolutely no excuse NOT to apply sunscreen before your makeup every morning.
It has been MONTHS since I last did a “What can you NOT stop wearing?” post, let alone a “Ask Reese” post.
I’ll definitely be bringing this back in the next few months because there are times where I get obsessed with one product for weeks (which often gets thrown in with my monthly favourites) but I don’t really go into much detail about it.
So, this is what I can NOT stop wearing…
I know I’m really late with this post, so I apologise. Also, there are a few products I’ve finished that you’ve probably seen in previous Empties posts.
Should I include them in these posts every month or should I skip them? Please let me know in the comments.
What an exciting month February was huh. I hope everyone had a good month and got to try out some new products and makeup.
Here are my empties from February…
Hello pretties! Just here with a quick peak at my nails for Valentine’s Day. I posted a photo in my Instagram and I then got a lot of questions as to what I used… so, here we are.
I wasn’t blessed with strong beautiful nails so I have to fake them. I very rarely venture into the whole world of nail art either, but I thought that I’d add a sweet touch to my nails this year for Valentine’s Day.
I used Ulta3 nailpolish in ‘Fruit Tingle’, Sportsgirl’s ‘Bionic’, 1000Hours Nail Design Pen in black and Inglot’s Fast Drying Top Coat
Added two coats of the Fruit Tingle on my nails except my ring finger on my left hand. When dry added one layer of top coat.
On my ring finger I did two coats of the Bionic. When dry, using a bobby pin and Fruit Tingle I made two lines in a V-shape to make the heart. There will be a lot of nailpolish on the bobby pin when start the V-shape, so it’s heavier on the top instead of the bottom.
For a personal touch I put my dude’s name on my pinky finger nail using the 1000Hours Nail Design Pen. I had his initials at first but I changed my mind.
Once everything is dry, one layer of top coat and we’re done.
Excuse the condition of my cuticles (I ran out of Lemony Flutter)
That’s my little Valentine’s Day nail design for this year. I hope everyone has a lovely day, regardless of if you have a Valentine or not.
What nail art did you do this year?
Here is something I’ve thought about doing for quite some time now. I didn’t know if anyone would be interested in. But with a few encourage
words tweets from my fellow beauty bloggers, I’ve decided to go ahead with this!
If this sale proves successful I will definitely do them every season. I would also appreciate feedback.
Now here are a few things you have to keep in mind and the conditions I’m setting for this beauty garage sale…
- NO exchanges or refunds. So please choose wisely.
- PAYMENT MUST BE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS. If it isn’t, I consider it payment not made in full.
- All products have been purchased by me with my own money. None of the items featured have been sent to me product review or consideration, nor are they products that come in any sort of monthly boxes.
- All products (unless stated) have been used. I will let you know how much I’ve used or how many times I’ve used it. That way you can gauge on whether or not you want to go ahead on purchases.
- All prices mentioned are INCLUSIVE with posting. So don’t need to wonder how much extra is going to cost all up.
- This is open internationally. However, if you’re within Australia I’d appreciate direct bank transfer (I can give bank details at the time of purchase). If you’re overseas, I have PayPal.
PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL I HAVE RECEIVED PAYMENT.
I will disclose my PayPal address when you contact me. (I’m not publishing it online due to privacy.)
- When you have chosen what you wish to purchase, please list them in an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will disclose payment details.
I will endeavour to post packages everyday, but please be patient.
- All products will be individually bubbled wrapped securely as possible. I hold absolutely NO responsibility of the state it is when it gets to you.
- Almost ALL of the products included in this sale are by brands that are cruelty-free. There is one brand that I’m unsure of and despite my efforts to get a hold of them, their PR department have ignored my email, so I’m guessing they do.
- The prices I’ve set are what I believe if fair considering what I had originally paid for it, the condition it’s currently in and the amount of times I’ve used it. There will be no negotiations. I have only chosen products I’ve only used very little of since I’ve purchased it.
- Some products will not come in it’s original packaging. I bought these products with the intention of using it – thus discarding the packaging.
- No, I will not reserve an item for you. First in, best dressed and like Target, sorry – no rainchecks.
- When products are marked RED it means it’s sold and no longer available. I will make it as clear as possible.
- If you have any questions, please feel to email me! email@example.com
Still interested…? Then CLICK AWAY! READ MORE
I’ve been reviewing this product for a while. A fellow beauty lover friend of mine got me onto it and after smelling it in the store I quickly picked it up.
Vanilla body butter by Sportsgirl
Recently I’ve been asked a lot of requests to do a “What’s in your handbag?” post. I’m often really surprised by the big interest of what I carry around with me, but I decided that since everyone was asking I’d deliver.
This post is going under a category I’ve decided to call “Ask Reese” which is my version of a Q & A post.
I promise in the near future I will post “What’s in your makeup bag?” because I’ve also been getting those kind of questions as well but I thought I’d start with this one first.
Enjoy! READ MORE
My all-time favourite beauty product has got to be a lipstick. All my friends know that my bright fuchsia pout is my signature look.
So you can imagine how my lips can get after applying lipstick throughout the day, lipliner and then having to deal with the weather as well.
Its very important to look after your lips to prevent chapping which leads to split skin and possibly infection.
Like all skin, it needs to be cared for and at least a couple of times a week must be exfoliated and then moisturised afterwards. After you’ve exfoliated your lips you’ve got to put a good lip conditioner to keep your lips hydrated because your lips don’t contain any glands that product the natural oils that skin needs to stay and look healthy. Because of this your lips are the quickest to dry out than the rest of your body and forget licking your lips for hydration – saliva dried extremely quickly and removed moisture from your lips which makes it even worse! Its especially important to keep your pout moisturised in the Winter, but as Australia is now going into Summer it still applies but with the added care of choosing a lip conditioner with SPF, because all skin will burn. Your lips included.
Here are my top 5 lip conditioning products that help look after your lips. READ MORE