TAG ARCHIVES: meme
Halloween is tomorrow! I AM SO EXCITED! Halloween is one my favourites days of the year (other than Valentine’s Day & New Years), so I decided to do this tag that has been circulating around the blogging and YouTube universe.
1. What is your most and least scariest movie?
Least: Paranormal (crap)tivity.
Most: Dark Water (Japanese version)
2. What do you do on Halloween?
I usually go to a dress up theme club or go to a Halloween party at a friend’s house. Sometimes both.
3. What do you plan on dressing up as?
A creepy doll this year.
4. Who is your favourite serial killer?
Oh goodness, I don’t have a favourite. But I guess the one that intrigued me the most was Jack the Ripper.
5. What/who is your favourite monster?
6. Do you believe in ghosts?
I do, thanks to Zak Bagans.
7. Have you ever egged or TP’d someone’s house?
8. Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
Give me a werewolf anyday!
I should have done this tag earlier in September, but of course, I’ve always been a late bloomer. I copied this off Angela who made a video on it. I figured better late than never right.
1. Most worn nail polish
Lots of cool blues to suit Winter. There were a few nude nailpolishes and even some blue-toned pinks.
My favourites were Pool Boy by OCC, the rose-scented polish by BYS and La Paz-itively Hot by OPI.
2. Most worn hair product
Just hairspray and only because I am way too lazy in Winter to bother with styling my hair. I switches shampoo and conditioners a few times though.
3. Most worn bag
I absolutely wore my Forever New handbag to death. I can’t even remember what it was called, but it cost me $70 it was a pale blue leather bag and it was my absolute favourite. The lining inside didn’t last very long, if it had I’d definitely still be using it too.
4. Most worn shoes
My black ballet flats from Rubi. They’re cheap and easy to replace if they break on you. I think at one stage during the Winter I had about four of the same pair going at the one time.
5. Most worn accessories
Just the ring I wear half way down my left ring finger. It’s been something I’ve worn for a decade, why stop now?
6. Most worn clothing item
Black leggings, but I don’t wear them as pants. I wear them under everything though; dresses, skirts, long shirts. I think it should be illegal to wear black leggings as pants, don’t you agree?
7. Most worn foundation
I don’t wear foundation. Like, ever! I’ve only ever worn foundation when I was modelling, but day-to-day and even on special occasions I don’t wear anything.
8. Most worn blush and/or bronzer
I don’t wear bronzer either. But for blush, I didn’t really get into wearing it til the tail-end of Winter. I’ve been using the Australis Shoot to Thrill blush. It’s the most bold blush you will ever see but when applied correctly it’s not so bad.
9. Most worn lip product
Lip balm, by far! Particularly the EOS spheres.
10. Most worn mascara
I’ve been using the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara which is by far the best mascara I have ever used in my entire life. It’s just so hard to come by because they don’t ship to Australia.
11. Most worn eyeshadow
There have been a number of shadows I’ve been wearing, most of them have been from Urban Decay’s NAKED palette.
I’ve been using Sidecar or Half Baked on the lids (it’ll change depending on the mood I’m in), Naked in the crease, Virgin or Sin as a brow highlight (again, depends on my mood) and I comb Buck through my brows.
You can tell I’m taking my Blog Crush very seriously when I decided that I’m going to copy something she posted a few months back.
7 FACTS ABOUT ME
…That you probably didn’t read in my ‘About me’ page.
1. I really detest people touching my feet. It absolutely grosses me out.
2. My cat has a first and a middle name, which is why she is nicknamed LC. Her middle name, Coco, was originally going to her first name but I changed it at the last minute.
She is named after another animal but answers to ‘chicken’ even though she’s a CAT. Figure that one out!
3. I judge food by the way it looks, which sometimes works but often doesn’t. I ate cauliflower for the first time two years ago because I always thought it looked and therefore tasted yuck. Clearly I was wrong.
4. I still love Disney princess movies. My favourite is The Little Mermaid because I could relate to her the most. I am a adventurous Daddy’s Girl always seek more out of life.
5. I went through a stage where I thought double denim was COOL. …I was fourteen and haven’t sported it since.
6. Every boy I ever dated or liked have ALL been left-handers. By total accident too.
7. I have eight tattoos and I’ve had over 20 piercings in my lifetime. None of which I recommend anyone get because you will surely regret it later.
What Five beauty products could you not live without?
1. Sunscreen. Living in Australia, you can’t afford to not use it everyday.
2. Liquid eyeliner. I use one from Models Prefer. It’s thick and lasts all day.
3. Bright pink lipstick. My favourite is #69 from Inglot.
4. Lengthening mascara. Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara by Bobbi Brown.
5. Floral perfume. Like Vera Wang’s Lovestruck.
What’s your daily skincare regime consist of?
Morning: cleanse, sunscreen, moisturiser, primer and makeup.
Night: exfoliate, cleanse, rosehip oil, moisturiser.
What does your daily cosmetics regime consist of?
Eye primer, a basic neutral eyeshadows, liquid eyeliner, mascara, lip balm and a bright pink pout.
Favourite Beauty treat?
LUSH bath bombs. Once every two weeks or so for about an hour with my iPod in my ears with the latest issue of Grazia magazine.
What’s your favourite beauty store?
Favourite Premium and Budget brands?
Premium: KORA Organics, A?sop and Urban Decay.
Budget: Essence, Revlon and Inglot.
And Hair Care?
Premium: Toni & Guy, O&M and A?sop.
Budget: Organix, Schwarzkopf and Salon Only.
What Fragrances do you wear?
‘L’ by Gwen Stefani is my signature scent. I also wear Vera Wang’s ‘Princess’ and Lovestruck. Occasionally I wear ‘Love’ by Harajuku Lovers.
What’s your “every girl must own one” item?
A hot pink lippy. Everyone can get away with wearing it. I don’t care what anyone says.
And finally, best beauty tip?
Your face ends at your boobs, so don’t neglect applying skincare to your neck and décolletage.
This often happens. I’m home and get distracted thanks to social media and YouTube. I then come across memes that I think are interesting and think people would be interesting in knowing about me.
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Rx
Your favorite virtue. Compassion.
Your favorite qualities in a man. Dedication & commitment.
Your favorite qualities in a woman. Strength & patience.
Your chief characteristic. Generosity.
What you appreciate the most in your friends. They are consistently unconditional.
Your main fault. I can’t take NO for an answer.
Your favourite occupation. Creation.
Your idea of happiness. Infinite love.
Your idea of misery. Loneliness.
If not yourself, who would you be? A ragdoll cat in Paris.
Where would you like to live? In a romantic city.
Your favourite colour. Tiffany blue.
Your favourite flower. Sweet pea & Jasmine. (Yes, I picked two.)
Your favourite bird. Flamingo.
Your favourite prose authors. Edgar Allan Poe & Ludwig van Beethoven.
Your favourite poets. Shakespeare.
Your favourite heroes in fiction. Spiderman.
Your favourite heroines in fiction. Cinderella.
Your favourite painters. Vincent Van Gogh.
Your favourite composers. Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Your heroes in real life. Dad, Adrian Bailey & CGH ♥.
Your favourite heroines in real life. Marilyn Monroe & Zoe J. Campbell ♥.
What characters in history do you most dislike. Heartbreakers.
Your favourite in World history. Cats.
Your favourite food. Sushi.
Your favourite drink. White Rose tea.
Your favourite names. Jason.
What I hate the most. Clowns.
The military event I admire the most. Anzac Day.
The reform I admire the most. Equality for women.
The natural talent I’d like to be gifted with. Height.
How I wish to die. Happy & asleep.
What is your present state of mind. Lonesome.
For what fault have you most toleration? Rudeness.
Your favourite motto. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.
I stole this off a beauty blog on BlogLovin and of course, I forget which one. (I suffer from multiplechrometabitis, so it’s almost impossible to track down which blog I took it from.) So, I’m sorry whoever’s blog I took it from. I will give credit next time!
So, 15 random questions about moi…
1. What do you think you can do but can’t?
2. What’s a difficult word for you to pronounce?
My surname. But then again, it can be pronounce phonetically and you’d be saying it right.
3. What is a favorite TV show from your childhood?
Besides Sesame Street, Rocko’s Modern Life!
4. What are your virtues and vices?
This one was a little tough for me, but… I think my virtues would be that I will apologise first when I’m arguing with someone and I actually don’t like arguing. We’ll have it out, separate and then when I’ve calmed down I’ll go ahead and apologise first. I’m sure the people closest in my life with say otherwise, but for me, that’s how I see it.
And as for vices, well I’m really stubborn when it comes to certain things. So, if I truly believe that the sky is green there is not convincing me otherwise. HA!
5. What’s more important: love, fame, power, or money?
For me, definitely fame isn’t important to me. Power… yeah, not very important either. But as for money and love – they’re a little bit equal. But I think for the sake of this I’ll pick love.
6. If you could live in any era/time period, when would it be and why?
1930′s or 40′s. Back then women were flawless and effortlessly beautiful (think Marilyn Monroe), the men were actually gentlemen and life was simple. You worked hard, you got married, had kids and lived a happy life. There was no fear, worries or concerns.
7. If you had to redo your entire wardrobe with 2 stores, what would they be and why?
A mix of Alannah Hill and Cotton On. Alannah Hill has beautiful elegant ladylike dresses, which I love! And Cotton On for the basics. Plus, cotton is always good.
8. Can you recall what you were doing a year ago on this day?
Not really. But I know I was living in Melbourne, loving it and working in the best job I’ve ever had, so I can’t imagine it would have been a bad day.
9. Do you have reoccurring dreams? If so, explain?
No. Not recently. Thank goodness.
10. What’s your horoscope?
Virgo. And as much as I try to defy it, I am exactly what they say a Virgo is.
11. What does your dream bedroom look like?
12. What position do you sleep in?
I’m a tummy sleeper, which isn’t good at all!
13. Who is your favorite vampire of all time?
None. I’m not a fan of vampires.
14. What are you currently wearing on your feet?
Black with silver badging Havaianas. Judge away!
15. Do you have neat handwriting? Show us!
I found this on an old blog and thought it would be interesting to do this again…
1. TEN YEARS AGO (2002)
I was finishing my last year of high school. Yes, I just totally gave away how old I am. HA!
2. FIVE YEARS AGO (2007)
I was partying – a lot! Four days a week with no intention of slowing down. I had just ended my relationship with my first love. Travelled a lot interstate… to party.
3. ONE YEAR AGO (2011)
Living in Melbourne and had just flown back from Sydney after three weeks of bliss for Christmas and New Years on the East Coast. Working at the famous Children’s Hospital and absolutely loving it. By far the best job I had ever had.
4. YESTERDAY (FRIDAY, JANUARY 13TH, 2012)
Black Friday. Last day of the working week. Stayed over my dude’s house, worked and then got my haircut. Despite everyone saying that Friday the 13th is a “bad luck” day, I had a rather great day.
5. TODAY (SATURDAY, JANUARY 14TH, 2012)
Listening to Jason Mraz’s ‘I Won’t Give Up’, drinking a soy mocha and trying to figure out a new layout for this website, and failing miserably. I just can’t read HTML properly anymore.
6. TOMORROW (SUNDAY, JANUARY 12TH, 2012)
More work. Maybe see friends. Who really knows.
7. FIVE SNACKS I ENJOY:
(1) Crunchie chocolate bar.
(2) Organic pecans.
(4) Red Velvet cupcakes.
8. FIVE BANDS I KNOW THE LYRICS TO MOST OF THEIR SONGS:
(1) Michael Jackson.
(2) Linkin Park.
(4) No Doubt.
(5) The Cure.
9. FIVE THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100,000,000:
(1) Invest HALF!
(2) Buy a house in Sydney and in Melbourne.
(3) Give away some to family.
(4) Travel all over the world.
(5) Buy another cat. A boy cat and name him something nautical.
10. FIVE LOCATIONS I’D LIKE TO RUN AWAY TO:
(2) Verona, Italy.
(3) Cannes, France.
11. FIVE BAD HABITS:
(1) Biting my nails.
(2) Over-analysing EVERYTHING.
(4) Being nice to horrible people.
(5) Over spending.
12. FIVE THINGS I LIKE DOING:
(1) Making out!
(5) Playing with makeup.
13. FIVE TV SHOWS I LIKE:
(1) Family Guy.
(2) American Dad!
(4) Arrested Development.
14. FAMOUS PEOPLE I’D LIKE TO MEET, DEAD OR ALIVE:
(1) Marilyn Monroe.
(2) Mark Wahlberg.
(3) Channing Tatum.
(5) Katy Perry.
15. BIGGEST JOYS AT THE MOMENT:
(1) Pets: LC and Andre. Cat cuddles and feathery love.
(2) The dude.
(3) A good breakfast.
16. FAVOURITE TOYS:
(1) Instagr.am for iPhone.
(2) Lip balms.
(3) A camera.
(5) Bright fuchsia lip colour of some kind.
NICKNAMES: Reesers, Reesie, Reesling & Cupcake
DOB: September 4
ZODIAC SIGN: Virgo
MALE OR FEMALE: Miss
OCCUPATION: Crazy Cat Lady
HAIR COLOUR: reddy brown
HAIR LENGTH: medium to long
EYE COLOUR: dark brown
BEST FEATURE: lips.. or so I’ve been told
HEIGHT: 5’2. I really don’t know what that is in centermetres
BRACES?: yes. And planning to go in for a second ’round
GLASSES?: yes. Or more to the point, I should be wearing them full-time
RIGHTY OR LEFTY: right
BEST FRIEND: A boy named Patrick. Our mums used to set up playdates together. We were only 4 but absolutely smitten with each other
AWARD: um.. something to do with great handwriting
SPORT YOU JOINED: gymnastics
REAL VACATION: Queensland
CONCERT: Silverchair Neon Ballroom Tour. Good times!
MOVIE: The Virgin Suicides, Amelie & Reality Bites
TV SHOW: Neighbours, Family Guy, American Dad!, Sex & the City & Dexter
COLOURS: pink, cyan & silver.
SONG: ‘Walking on Sunshine’ by Katrina & The Waves
CANDY: KitKats & Very Cherry Jelly Belly jellybeans
RESTAURANT: Pancakes on The Rocks, Doyle’s Seafood, Well Connected in Glebe
STORE: Inglot, Country Road & Kikki-K
BOOK: If You Have to Cry, Go Outside: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You by Kelly Cutrone
MAGAZINE: Shop til You Drop & Frankie
SINGLE OR TAKEN: happily spoken for
LISTENING TO: Nine Inch Nails
THINKING ABOUT: books to read
WAITING: to feel sleepy (getting there)
WATCHING: the computer screen?
WANT CHILDREN?: definitely!
WANT TO BE MARRIED?: as above
CAREERS IN MIND: advertising or writing full-time
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?: Melbourne ideally, but the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney will do quite nicely
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
GOD: not really
LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT: YES!
SOUL MATES: yes
KISSING ON A FIRST DATE: if he’s nice enough, yes