TAG ARCHIVES: lip balm
Oh my goodness, September has flown by! I celebrated a birthday earlier this month, paid off all my debt, became a beach bum AND vegetarian. A lot has changed this month and here are the things I loved…
This is a new series of posts I’ll be starting up, where I’ll post about my new favourite product.
From time to time, I buy or get sent a product and I’m obsessed with it for months! Sometimes those products simply need to be shared before my monthly favourites post, so thought this would work out perfectly.
At the moment I’m OBSESSED with a lip balm (no surprise there) that was an impulse purchase when I was at the Mecca Cosmetica store around the corner from my house in Paddington.
So, I haven’t done these in a while and I thought I’d bring it back this week because these have been my go-to products ALL week. These posts are very rarely all beauty related (like this post) but that’s where I’ve found myself this week. Enjoy!
Sportsgirl’s Nail It! nailpolish in ‘Silver Glitter’, $7.95
This is the most glittery nailpolish I’ve ever come across. Usually glitter polishes take a few good coats to get enough pay off on the nail, but this product doesn’t need much. One coat is plenty for me, just to accent an otherwise plain manicure. I put this on the tips of my nail on top of a neutral shade and I’ve gotten so many compliments from it. I picked up this look off Pinterest, often found under bridal because of the neutral base, but I just think it works anytime.
1 Skin Solution lip balm in ‘Mojito’, $8.50
The beautiful Raylene from 1 Skin Solution recently sent me this along with two of the tinted lip balms and this – by far – rocks my world! No words can actually describe its awesomeness and it simply must be bought and used to really appreciate it. As if the word “mojito” isn’t enough to get you to buy it already! It’s got a beautiful smooth texture to it and it glides on your lips effortlessly and melts into the lips, leaving it feeling like cashmere.
Grown’s Rose Absolute, Ginseng & Chamomile Facial Toner, $29.95 (200mL)
Lately I’ve been opting using this instead of a facial mist. I only apply this just before bed, along with my night skincare routine. I just find that it works best for my skin. After I’ve cleansed my skin, I apply this on a cotton ball and dab it around my face, concentrating it mostly on my T-zone. This toner has really helped with my pores and while it’s not a miracle cure, it has helped with oil and ultimately with pore size.
Models Prefer Infinite Colour Lip Liner in ‘Forever Pink’, $7.99
I thought I’d retire my all-time favourite lip liner from Illamasqua and give this one a go after hearing so many good reviews on it. Models Prefer have really stepped up in terms of quality in their beauty products and find that they’re highly underrated also. This lip liner is AMAZING! Highly pigmented and also extremely smooth and soft on the lips. I’ve had lip liners before that are so dry and just grab the lips as you’re attempting to line them – yuck – but this one doesn’t. I’m keen to try their clear lip liner next (a perfect dupe for Urban Decay’s ‘Ozone’ 24/7 Lip Liner).
Nivea Sun Light Feel Daily Face Veil Sunscreen SPF 30, $12.99 (50mL)
This product was introduced by one of my closest friends and fellow beauty blogger Chelsea when I went to visit her last month. Sunscreen has always been part of my morning skincare routine but I’ve never found a sunscreen that had a decent SPF without the white cast, til NOW! This has SPF 30 and is light on the skin and doesn’t leave your skin white like other sunscreens too. Works really well with oil/combination skin, so it doesn’t leave your skin greasy either. Now there is absolutely no excuse NOT to apply sunscreen before your makeup every morning.
It’s pretty well known that I’m a lip balm addict. I have a drawer full of them (along with fifty shades of pink lipsticks). So, after finishing my Jack Black Lip Balms – which again, is no secret that I’m obsessed with – I decided instead of buying more lip balm, I’d shop my own stash and see what I find. Here are some of my favourite organic lip balms…
So, we’re winding down to the last week of Summer. We’ve had some crazy weather, haven’t we?
As much as I love the sun, I’m not a fan of the heat; I don’t sleep as well (and I’m one of those people who can sleep anywhere quite easily), I don’t like the sticky sweaty feeling and I don’t like how my makeup feels like it’s melting off my face. Summer, a fan. The heat, not so much.
Today I thought I’d share with you my Top 5 products that I loved this Summer…
Hello! I’m back with another product review. It’s for the brand new Dragon Fruit Lip Butter from The Body Shop
Gosh! I haven’t done of these in such a long time but I’m definitely going to start getting back into it this year.
Here are the things I loved this week…
Lush’s ‘Honey I Washed The Kids’ soap
My new favourite soap! I love that the smell stays on my skin after my shower and it also makes my shower smells nice by just sitting there.
Available from Lush stores, $6.95/100g.
Soap & Glory Hand Food
It’s not the most “healthy” hand cream on the market but it’s so GOOD! It’s not sticky or greasy and does an amazing job at leaving your hands soft and silky smooth.
Available from Kit Cosmetics, $11.95.
UFC Coconut Water
I recently got back into coconut water and for some reason I only like this brand’s coconut water – second best option to straight from the source itself. I have my dude to thank for getting me hooked onto this.
Available from About Life for a little over $5 for a 1L carton.
The Carrie Diaries
Since it’s now become a TV show, I thought I’d reread this book again before I dive into watching the series.
I bought my copy from Borders, but I’m sure you could still buy this at other books stores.
EOS lip balm in ‘Sweet Mint’
Pretty much my favourite lip balm for bedtime. It’s not sticky and has a nice minty sensation without being too powerful.
Unfortunately the online store I bought this from shut down, I’m not too sure where you can get these anymore. eBay? If anyone finds out could you please let me know.
What things did you love this week?
So it’s Christmas time again. I can’t believe how quickly this year went!
I rarely ask for Christmas presents and this year is no exception. But I thought it would be fun to put together a wishlist for Christmas anyway, knowing I won’t get any of these as presents.
Love, Reese xx
This came in the mail for me yesterday and I thought I’d do a quick post of it.
Here is something I’ve thought about doing for quite some time now. I didn’t know if anyone would be interested in. But with a few encourage
words tweets from my fellow beauty bloggers, I’ve decided to go ahead with this!
If this sale proves successful I will definitely do them every season. I would also appreciate feedback.
Now here are a few things you have to keep in mind and the conditions I’m setting for this beauty garage sale…
- NO exchanges or refunds. So please choose wisely.
- PAYMENT MUST BE IN AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS. If it isn’t, I consider it payment not made in full.
- All products have been purchased by me with my own money. None of the items featured have been sent to me product review or consideration, nor are they products that come in any sort of monthly boxes.
- All products (unless stated) have been used. I will let you know how much I’ve used or how many times I’ve used it. That way you can gauge on whether or not you want to go ahead on purchases.
- All prices mentioned are INCLUSIVE with posting. So don’t need to wonder how much extra is going to cost all up.
- This is open internationally. However, if you’re within Australia I’d appreciate direct bank transfer (I can give bank details at the time of purchase). If you’re overseas, I have PayPal.
PRODUCTS WILL NOT BE SENT UNTIL I HAVE RECEIVED PAYMENT.
I will disclose my PayPal address when you contact me. (I’m not publishing it online due to privacy.)
- When you have chosen what you wish to purchase, please list them in an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will disclose payment details.
I will endeavour to post packages everyday, but please be patient.
- All products will be individually bubbled wrapped securely as possible. I hold absolutely NO responsibility of the state it is when it gets to you.
- Almost ALL of the products included in this sale are by brands that are cruelty-free. There is one brand that I’m unsure of and despite my efforts to get a hold of them, their PR department have ignored my email, so I’m guessing they do.
- The prices I’ve set are what I believe if fair considering what I had originally paid for it, the condition it’s currently in and the amount of times I’ve used it. There will be no negotiations. I have only chosen products I’ve only used very little of since I’ve purchased it.
- Some products will not come in it’s original packaging. I bought these products with the intention of using it – thus discarding the packaging.
- No, I will not reserve an item for you. First in, best dressed and like Target, sorry – no rainchecks.
- When products are marked RED it means it’s sold and no longer available. I will make it as clear as possible.
- If you have any questions, please feel to email me! email@example.com
Still interested…? Then CLICK AWAY! READ MORE