MONTHLY ARCHIVES: October 2011
Hey guys! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Halloween is my favourite time of year! When I was a kid Halloween almost didn’t exist in Australia. But I’ve realised that with each year that passes there are more Halloween-esque parties and costumes. I’m sure that by the time I have kids and their old enough to walk, Trick or Treating will be part of Halloween festivities.
I’m sure most people have heard of the hype about BB Cream (Blemish Balm Cream) and what it does. But for those who don’t know. BB Cream is a moisturiser, acts like a consealer/foundation and is also sunscreen all in one. Some also brightens the skin and has anti-wrinkling and sebum controlling components to it as well.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a really awesome artist I know, Sindy Sinn. And I should also mention that Sindy is a dude and not a chick.
© Sindy Sinn
His artwork is awesome; very witty and unique. Also, inspirational (see illustration above). He also takes some really rad photos with an iPhone. Not to mention Sindy is a pretty funny dude too.
Sindy’s photography skills at work
I think you should all check out his website: SINDYSINN.COM.AU.
Sindy is also famous for his Tumblr SindyIsWaiting, which is a collection of his artworks and photos he’s taken while he’s been waiting for things.
1. A lady shall carry no more than three lip products in her handbag at one time; even if she believes she needs all nine of them, every day.
2. A lady will always remove her makeup, even it is 3:46AM and she feels herself falling asleep on her bed, fully clothed, phone in hand, (mid-text), nibbled 7-11 sausage roll in the other.
3. A lady will not tell her hairdresser she uses regular masks, because A) her hairdresser will be able to tell and B) she does not use regular masks.
4. A lady will remain calm when she travels to a country where self-tanning is not as revered as it is in Australia (“doesn’t exist”), and she didn’t pack any because she was convinced she’d find some once she arrived.
5. A lady will always check her lipstick is perfectly intact after: eating, drinking, talking for extended periods, making out with hunks, being at a Hen’s night and sipping Red Bull through male genital-shaped straws.
6. A lady will refrain from using dry shampoo to “clean” her fair for more than three days in a row, even if she is running extremely late for work and fedoras are not encouraged at the office.
7. A lady must wear whatever nailpolish shade delights her, even if her boyfriend claims it looks like, “she’s been digging around in a concrete grinder.”
8. A lady may occasionally buy yellow, red or lime green eyeshadow when she is pre-menstrual, so long as she knows she must never wear it.
9. A lady must not swear more than 12 consecutive times when her hair styler or curling tong nips her next, leaving a painful Vanity Burn.
10. A lady may aspire to a famous celebrity’s hair colour, cut and style, using it for inspiration at the salon and when styling, so long as that celebrity is not Helena Bonham Carter or Justin Bieber.
Words by Zoë Foster
We will miss you at Primed.COM.AU Zoë!
Before I start this, I should mention that I’m a HUGE fan of Sleek‘s eyeshadow palettes. I can promise you right now that this will be the first of many more in the future.
I bought Sleek’s Acid palette about two month ago and just didn’t have the occasion to wear them. I did finally wear them at Sydney IMATS this year and let me tell you, they’re amazing! I got so many compliments at the show. So many people commented on how much they loved the vibrant colours and how they had never seen anything like it before and to be honest, neither have I. The green, pink, yellow and orange remind me of a Stabilo highlighter.
I’ve heard so much hype on the internet about Sleek MakeUp. So, naturally I gravitated towards it and instantly fell in love! Bright colours, shimmer, cruelty-free makeup–I was in heaven! One of my favourite things I’ve sampled so far from Sleek have definitely been their eyeshadow palettes; but that’s a whole other post.